Dates of class: select with 2 day notice.
Time: 8am to 6pm daily
- We begin each day at 8am and plan to break for a 1 hour lunch around noon each day. Depending on student progress the class will end between 4:30pm and 5pm each day
Location: 185 Simuel Road, Spartanburg SC 29303
What is required to attend this course?
You must get a motorcycle PERMIT before you attend this class. Please go to the DMV and complete the permit written test before your class date!
- Your commitment to learn and passion for motorcycling
- Your own DOT helmet, (must cover ears) with either a shield or glasses.
- Due to COVID we cannot provide one at this time.
- A long sleeve shirt or jacket (dress according to the weather)
- Long pants
- Sturdy over the ankle shoes/boots (not canvas)
- Full fingered gloves
- Eye protection if your helmet doesn’t have a shield
- Ability to balance and ride on a bicycle
- Rain suit if rain is in forecast
The RULE on the range is “no skin visible” while on the bike. We take rider safety very seriously, if you arrive without the necessary gear, you will not ride. ATGATT (All the Gear, All the Time!)
Overview of exercises of the BRC Training:
- 2-4 hours of independent study to complete the eCourse prior to the course
- 4 hours of Class Room discussion covering street strategies and S.E.E.
- 10 hours of Range work on a motorcycle consisting of:
- Motorcycle Familiarization
- Using the Friction Zone
- Starting and Stopping
- Shifting and Stopping
- Pressing to Initiate lean
- Stopping more quickly
- Tight turns from a stop
- Demonstration of the 3 parts of stopping
- Limited-space maneuvers
- Stopping in a curve
- Curve judgement and gap selection
- Lane changes
- Crossing obstacles and swerving
- Final Evaluation
- The course is not a guarantee of safety.
- Riders must successfully complete each exercise before they can move on to the next.
- If a rider becomes too uncomfortable to continue or they become a hazard to themselves or others, the rider or rider coach can counsel them out of training.
- Please read the Terms and Condition page for more information.