SOUTH CAROLINA PERMIT RULE:
IMPORTANT DMV WAIVER UPDATE: For 2021, the DMV is now requiring that you MUST come to class with a South Carolina MC riders PERMIT to be eligible to receive the DMV waiver paperwork after you pass the Course.
You must get a motorcycle permit from the DMV before class. To earn the permit, you will need to complete a multiple choice test at any DMV. The student must have a valid SC motorcycle PEMIT to be tested for a SC motorcycle license at the end of class. If a student has an expired permit, they must go to the DMV to complete/pass the written permit test again, the DMV will not issue a new permit, but they will keep the passing score on file so you can attend the class. If you have issues at the DMV, please call us at (563) 209-3151.
DMV study booklet:
The SC DMV now recognizes many of the MSF rider safety courses as a points reduction course. If you are unsure of any points you have on your license, please use this link to check.
It is a really easy process and is free (just choose the point summary option).
The DMV allows up to a 4 point reduction on your SC license with completion of many MSF rider classes. Please know, that unused points do no carry over.
GEAR YOU WILL NEED TO BRING TO CLASS:
- A Valid SC motorcycle permit
- Your own DOT helmet, (must cover ears) with either a shield or glasses.
- Due to COVID we cannot provide one at this time.
- A long sleeve shirt or jacket (dress according to the weather)
- Long pants
- Sturdy over the ankle shoes/boots (not canvas)
- Full fingered gloves
- Eye protection if your helmet doesn’t have a shield
- Ability to balance and ride on a bicycle
- Rain suit if rain is in forecast
The RULE on the range is “no skin visible” while on the bike. We take rider safety very seriously, if you arrive without the necessary gear, you will not ride. ATGATT (All the Gear, All the Time!)