Class meets on dates/times scheduled at registration AND has a required e-course completion on the student’s own time. Students will receive instructions via email prior to class. PLEASE PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL WHEN REGISTERING AND CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK FOLDER!
The Learn to Ride Class requires two days of instruction, classes generally run from early AM to 4-5 PM each day. If there is a required e-course component required for class, students will receive instructions via email. Students must present proof of completion to instructors on the first day of class!
These Terms and Conditions should be read and construed as forming an agreement between Upstate Rider Training LLC (hereinafter referred to as URT or Upstate Rider Training LLC).
- All fees shall be paid in advance of each course or lesson.
- All payments must be made to Upstate Rider Training LLC.
- There is a $35 processing fee for all refunds.
- Students must give 7 days’ notice before class date to cancel to receive a full refund, less processing fee. Cancellations within 7 days of class will not be refunded.
- No-shows & late students will forfeit all class fees and will not be permitted to attend the class. It is understood and agreed that I must attend ALL sessions of the course with no exceptions. All students are expected to be at the training site no later than the published start time of the class.
- Students must bring their SC Motorcycle permit (or License for advanced classes) for every course
- Students agree to receive text and email reminders to complete pre-work, prior to the course date.
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown Upstate Rider Training LLC reserves the right to rearrange or rebook any course at the earliest convenient time.
- All students must provide valid photographic identification, current SC motorcycle permit (or have retaken the SC motorcycle permit test in the prior 30 days) and complete the required e-Course before the class date.
- Upstate Rider Training accepts no liability for any claim, loss, damage or expense arising out of the acts or omissions of Upstate Rider Training LLC or its employees or agents.
- The student agrees to indemnify Upstate Rider Training LLC against any claim, loss, damage or expense incurred by Upstate Rider Training LLC as a result of the breach of any of these Terms and Conditions by the student.
- Upstate Rider Training LLC reserves the right to amend its terms and conditions, without notice, at any time.
- Students must be fit to attend motorcycle training. Any person who is considered under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be refused training and will lose training. No refund will be provided.
- Riders must successfully complete each exercise before they can move on to the next.
- If a rider becomes too uncomfortable to continue or they become a hazard to themselves or others, the rider or rider coach can counsel them out of training. If that rider wishes to attend a future group or 1 on 1 class, after being counseled out, they can choose a future date at a 50% discount in course fee.
REQUIRED GEAR: (no exceptions)
- Your commitment to learn and passion for motorcycling
- Your own DOT helmet, (must cover ears) with either a shield or glasses.
- A long sleeve shirt or jacket (dress according to the weather)
- Long pants
- Sturdy over the ankle shoes/boots (not canvas)
- Full fingered gloves
- Eye protection if your helmet doesn’t have a shield
- Ability to balance and ride on a bicycle
- Rain suit if rain is in forecast
The RULE on the range is “no skin visible” while on the bike. We take rider safety very seriously, if you arrive without the necessary gear, you will not ride. ATGATT (All the Gear, All the Time!)
Who are we:
The Motorcycle Safety classes at 185 Simuel rd, Spartanburg SC 29303 by Upstate Rider Training. URT provides rider training for individuals of all skill levels to include those who have never ridden a motorcycle and are interested in learning basic skills to the experience rider looking to sharpen skills.
Motorcycle riding can be dangerous. Students need to understand the risks involved. Ultimately, each rider is responsible for their own actions.
A motorcycle permit is required to be issued the waiver paperwork.
For Students under 18 years of age:
Minors must register in person with parent/guardian at 185 Simuel Sr, Spartanburg SC the morning of the class. Minors who attempt to register online without prior consent will forfeit their seat in class AND lose their registration fee. No Exceptions.
If a student is under 18 and not held a SC Car licenses for at least 6 months, They must hold their permit for 180 days before they can test for the endorsement. If the individual is close to the 180 days, then issuing the paperwork should not be an issue. As an example, if the “permit only” student is 175 days into their permit, they can take the course, be issued the paperwork with successful completion, and take the paperwork to the SCDMV when they reach the 180 day mark. The waiver paperwork is only valid for 30 days.
For any 15 or 16 year olds with a motorcycle permit, state law requires that they take the driver’s education course. The motorcycle course does not substitute for these individuals who are required by law to take driver’s education.
SC Permit policy with Renewals:
There is a new law about skills test attempts and the SCDMV will no longer renew motorcycle permits after a third unsuccessful attempt. These individuals must take a training course. Their permits would be expired but they must complete the “permit test” at a local DMV before their class date. They will earn the waiver paperwork if they successfully complete the course. See our DMV FAQ page for more info.
If a students can not attend their scheduled class, they must call at least 7 days prior to the class date. (864) 881-2031, to be rescheduled for a future class. Students will only be rescheduled once. If the second class is missed, the fee will not be refunded.
Students can request to cancel the class 7 days prior to their Scheduled class. After that time, they will only be able to reschedule for a future class for a $50 reschedule fee.